3.07.2010

Getting Ready for Baby

We have kicked it into high gear, preparing for the baby that is. Lord willing he is coming in June! Just 3 months away.

We are working on selling the house I bought in Kensington.
It has been neat to see God work his miracles in the process.

He truly has guided us through this process. Brought the perfect buyer at the perfect time.
Truly a miracle with the housing market so poor right now.

Yep, and I am back at the sewing machine.

Here is one of many three block strips I sewed into 9 square blocks for the baby's crib quilt.


The Blocks.
They are sewn together now, don't have a picture to share yet. There are flannel sashing and set blocks in between each block. Nice and cuddly for our calm little boy:) (You like how I am speaking calm over our son already!).

I must share that this quilt already has a heritage.
Several blocks are made from an old handkerchief of my grandfather's (who died before I was born) and old shirt sleeves from the family business. Thanks to my grandma who saved all this stuff and passed it on. I also included some fabric from Hubie's clothing.


Isn't fabric Pretty? I love it. Ticking. Batik. Flannel.



Our secret passageway...

We found the workings of our pocket doors behind the china closet wall. Kinda looks like a secret passage way, right? At least our door is squeaking tons less since we oiled the wheel.

Hubie is still diligently remodeling the dining and living rooms. He is my hero.
Doesn't he look good in this picture?


We got the dining room painted this week. It looks great!


Here is my 26 week pregnancy picture, too.
I figured I may as well join in the fun of painting, I am already living in the fumes. lol.

Disclaimer: Hubie didn't ask me to paint...I did the majority of helping while he was sleeping. He had no part in my choice. He takes very good care of me!

Jessica and Andrew just stopped by, they are our friends who stayed with us for a few months. It was great to see them! Thankfully they are settled into their house now, and passing on God's hospitality and love to many around them.

O, and today it was so beautiful out. I went for a walk around the block...in my hooded sweatshirt. How wonderful! All the kids were outside, and I made the mistake of eating a sucker/lollipop on my walk. Of course they all wanted one.

The kids' parents invited me in. They were pumped when I told them I was pregnant. It has been a while since we chatted, as we were all in winter hibernation for the past months. They have a 2 month old little addition to their family as well. Too cute, the new little grandson smiled at me twice! He must have sensed that motherly glow coming over me. I like him already.

This little one we are expecting will be fun to show off to our neighborhood friends. Having a baby is one of those universal things, you know. He will break down barriers of race, economics and background like nothing else. We can just look at him and enjoy the site of new life. How sweet.

2 comments:

Mrs.O said...

Love, love, love!!!
I'm so proud of your progress, you are looking great too.

Valerie said...

Thanks Mary!

I have been wanting to thank you for the new year's picture too, so cute! You guys look really great.