9.25.2010

Time with Family

It has been so neat in the past few weeks to see family so much. We spent a lot of time in Ohio this year, due to funerals mostly. It makes me appreciate every one even the more.

Last night my dad's brother, Uncle Bob came to see us. He and Sharon were driving through. We shared a meal and drove around Philly some. For me having a newborn, it was a huge blessing to have some one to hold John and keep him company while I made dinner.
The same is true of last week, when my Aunt Deb came by. She was in town for a conference and surprised us with babysitting! We had friends over for dinner, so she watched John while we hung out. What an awesome aunt! She is coming today as well to hang out with Uncle Bob and Sharon.

It's funny, we live so far away from my family, nonetheless it has worked out to see people quite often. It's amazing how in giving up close proximity to family, the Lord has blessed me to still let me see them quite often.

My parents are coming out to see us in November too! Just in time for my birthday:). They will be jealous Uncle Bob and Sharon got to hold John last night...there turn is soon!

We've spent some time with Hubie's family as well. We were down to Atlantic City a couple weeks ago along with Clark and Jenny (Hubie's brother and sister in law and their 3 kids). We are heading back down there in a couple weeks when Hubie runs the Sea Isle Fireman's 5K.

Just wanted to share how awesome it has been to be around family.

No comments: