1.13.2011

Naps and thoughts about Crawling


John took a turn yesterday, he is changing yet again. We enjoyed the stage when we could just giggle and smile together. He got such a kick out of just being able to smile and laugh. Just yesterday he became so much more interested in discovering the world around him, reaching for things more and more. It is crazy how he changes just over night!
He is on the cusp on having just 2 naps now, something I have tried off and on. The past two days he has been so sleepy by 4:30 or 5pm, just too late for another nap. Soon he will be regulated and used to his new schedule. It is hard now, not really knowing what I am doing. Hopefully this attempt at the 2 nap schedule will work. I read the Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child book, and the sleep schedule seems so easy. Then I find myself getting down on my inability to make it work in our life. So far the morning nap is going well, just need to get the afternoon nap to be a bit later.
I took this picture of John last week, he was so cute rolling around his crib in the morning. He is funny; he still won't roll onto his belly. He stays on his side if he gets close to rolling and even sleeps on his side. When will be the day he decides he wants to be on his belly, and start crawling? I think soon. I am not too eager for the crawling stage, but also interested to see how it goes. What will it be like having him be on his own? Having the ability to essentially go any where he can go!!
Wow has life changed...blogging about naps and crawling. So weird. I love it though, it is fun being a momma.

No comments: